We have some scholarships still available. Meaning we have have extended the application close date to 4pm, Wednesday 31 January 2018!
National Scholarship is proudly sponsored by
Aimed at improving fundraising skills in small charities.
The FIA Conference National Scholarship provides an opportunity for FIA Members to attend the conference when they would otherwise not have the opportunity to, due to financial means. The scholarship was introduced in 2016 to help support and improve fundraising skills in small charities and not-for-profits within Australia.
A scholarship will be provided to one member from each state and territory (8 total) to attend the 2018 FIA Conference in Sydney. The scholarship covers the cost of a Conference Only* registration (valued at $1,345). Flights and accommodation are not included.
The scholarship candidate must:
- Be a member of Fundraising Institute Australia.
- Your organisation must have a fundraising revenue of less than $500,000.
- Provide an endorsement letter from their organisation’s CEO stating benefits/likely outcomes of attending the conference.
- Have completed the scholarship application form, summarising the reasons he/she feels qualified to receive a scholarship and providing a brief history of professional fundraising experience.
- Must not have attended the FIA Conference within the past 5 years.
Scholarships applications have been extended to 4pm, Wednesday 31 January 2018. Don't miss your opportunity, start your application form now.
Find out what the 2016 & 2017 National Scholarship Recipients have to say about their experiences...
The FIA Conference National Scholarship was introduced in 2016 as a way to help advance fundraising skills in small charities and not-for-profits within Australia.
Check out what some of our 2017 recipients want you to know about their experiences:
The Joan and Ted Flack Scholarship provides the opportunity for one FIA QLD Member to attend the 2018 FIA Conference when they would not have had the opportunity otherwise.
The scholarship covers the cost of a Conference Only registration (valued at $1,345). Flights and accommodation are not included.
The scholarship is aimed at supporting early career fundraisers, and is designed to provide educational opportunities to early career (less than 5 years in the industry) fundraisers, to grow their knowledge and level of fundraising practice; provide encouragement to them to pursue a career in the field; and deliver benefits to their non-profit organisation and through them the wider community.
The Joan and Ted Flack Scholarship honours the incredible contribution of both Joan and Ted Flack to fundraising and to FIA. Their combined experience has contributed to the growth of fundraising, organisations, the advancement of the industry and the development of fundraiser knowledge.
Hear how receiving the Joan and Ted Flack Scholarship has impacted Joshua Lawrence, 2017 Scholarship Recipient, here.
Hear how receiving the Joan and Ted Flack Scholarship has impacted Joshua Lawrence MFIA, Conquer Cancer, 2017 Scholarship Recipient.
Mandatory selection criteria include:
- Must be a current financial member of Fundraising Institute Australia
- Must be an early career fundraiser with less than 5 years experience in a fundraising role
- At least 50% of the applicant’s job/position must be devoted to fundraising in a non-profit organisation
- Applicant will present a verbal report on their Conference experience, at a QLD Breakfast in the 12 months following the 2018 Conference (to outline what they gained from the opportunity and how it was applied to their organisation/career)
- The Scholarship must be repaid in full if the winner does not attend the Conference in 2018
Applications have now closed. For more information or to be put on an expressions of interest list for 2019 please email email@example.com.
The 2018 Scholarship Recipient will be announced at the QLD Dave Rose Oration and End of Year Celebration,on Tuesday 12 December.